RMTG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rochester MN MTG

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Similar topics
    Latest topics
    » Possible Gatecrash Spoilers (Also, this place is boring. What's going on down in Rochester to kill the forums?)
    Rise of the Eldrazi... pt. 2. EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 1:30 am by Ran

» Return to Ravnica
    Rise of the Eldrazi... pt. 2. EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 1:52 am by Ran

» trading post
    Rise of the Eldrazi... pt. 2. EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 11:40 pm by Ran

» Bruna as Commander
    Rise of the Eldrazi... pt. 2. EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 11:21 am by Blacrowe

» Sacrifice!
    Rise of the Eldrazi... pt. 2. EmptyTue May 22, 2012 11:01 pm by MindofMyrddin

» U/R Mad Cards (Avacyn Restored)
    Rise of the Eldrazi... pt. 2. EmptySun May 13, 2012 9:00 pm by MindofMyrddin

» G/W Aggro GP Minneapolis
    Rise of the Eldrazi... pt. 2. EmptyThu May 10, 2012 2:59 pm by MindofMyrddin

» WTF is wizards doing to me.
    Rise of the Eldrazi... pt. 2. EmptyFri May 04, 2012 5:08 pm by Ran

» U/W Delver Spirit Mantle
    Rise of the Eldrazi... pt. 2. EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 3:48 pm by gunndaddyp

May 2024
    MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
    CalendarCalendar

Rise of the Eldrazi... pt. 2.

Go down 
    5 posters
    Go to page : 1, 2  Next
    AuthorMessage
    workshoptelescope

workshoptelescope

Rise of the Eldrazi... pt. 2. Empty
    PostSubject: Rise of the Eldrazi... pt. 2.   Rise of the Eldrazi... pt. 2. EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 3:57 pm

Back to top Go down
    Th3 Ra1nman

Th3 Ra1nman

PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Eldrazi... pt. 2.   Rise of the Eldrazi... pt. 2. EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 3:44 am

Kozilek, Butcher of Truth

I think Molimo Maro-Sorcerer can kick his ass
    Back to top Go down
    BuckyMac

BuckyMac

PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Eldrazi... pt. 2.   Rise of the Eldrazi... pt. 2. EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 11:58 pm

2 Mechanics and 5 Cards SPOILED.....Rise is going to be an AWESOME set.

http://www.starcitygames.com/magic/misc/18981_The_Magic_Show_180_PT_ROE_Part_2_Spoilers.html
    Back to top Go down
    workshoptelescope

workshoptelescope

PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Eldrazi... pt. 2.   Rise of the Eldrazi... pt. 2. EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 12:04 am

BuckyMac wrote:
    2 Mechanics and 5 Cards SPOILED.....Rise is going to be an AWESOME set.

http://www.starcitygames.com/magic/misc/18981_The_Magic_Show_180_PT_ROE_Part_2_Spoilers.html

yeah, this **** is going to be silly. i hadn't noticed immediately that kozilek is also printed with the transparent border, something i'd heard wotc was rumored to be doing more of in the future.
    Back to top Go down
    Th3 Ra1nman

Th3 Ra1nman

PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Eldrazi... pt. 2.   Rise of the Eldrazi... pt. 2. EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 11:38 am

!@#$%^& Eldrazi creatures seem retard in a bad way
    Back to top Go down
    JakeFaas
    Admin
    JakeFaas

PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Eldrazi... pt. 2.   Rise of the Eldrazi... pt. 2. EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 7:58 pm

Back to top Go down
    workshoptelescope

workshoptelescope

PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Eldrazi... pt. 2.   Rise of the Eldrazi... pt. 2. EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 10:15 pm

****... this set is going to be a little silly.

a whole set full of darksteel colossuses...
    Back to top Go down
    BuckyMac

BuckyMac

PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Eldrazi... pt. 2.   Rise of the Eldrazi... pt. 2. EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 11:17 pm

http://www.wizards.com/magic/tcg/products.aspx?x=mtg/tcg/products/riseoftheeldrazi

The mother site is now doing visual spoilers and the new Level Up mechanic looks like it will be really fun, and the new Level Up frame looks kinda cool.
    Back to top Go down
    Ryman

Ryman

PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Eldrazi... pt. 2.   Rise of the Eldrazi... pt. 2. EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 11:45 am

This set is going to be crazy as hell. A ONE MANA decent totem armor that's on color with Uril......yes! Now, just to get around all that annihillator stuff....common Eldrazi...rut roh.

Dogs and cats living together...mass hysteria.
    Back to top Go down
    workshoptelescope

workshoptelescope

PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Eldrazi... pt. 2.   Rise of the Eldrazi... pt. 2. EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 12:37 pm

Ryman wrote:
    This set is going to be crazy as hell. A ONE MANA decent totem armor that's on color with Uril......yes! Now, just to get around all that annihillator stuff....common Eldrazi...rut roh.

Dogs and cats living together...mass hysteria.

i love your big ol' crush on uril. it seems you might have finally gotten something worth while to stick in... ahem, on him.
    Back to top Go down
    Th3 Ra1nman

Th3 Ra1nman

PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Eldrazi... pt. 2.   Rise of the Eldrazi... pt. 2. EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 1:53 am

Eldrazi meet a swift and brutal doomblade to your balls!!

And by the way level up seem retarded in a dumb way
    Back to top Go down
    Ryman

Ryman

PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Eldrazi... pt. 2.   Rise of the Eldrazi... pt. 2. EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 9:08 am

Quote :
    retarded in a dumb way

...haha Smile
    Back to top Go down
    JakeFaas
    Admin
    JakeFaas

PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Eldrazi... pt. 2.   Rise of the Eldrazi... pt. 2. EmptyThu Mar 25, 2010 10:25 am

I'm definately not in love with the Level-Up Frame. Those cards are a little too confusing for me. Why don't they just get power toughness boosts at each level and why don't they retain abilities from previous levels (The guul draz assassin for example.), it sort of flies in the face of what it means to gain levels. I think that the way its worded and the lay out are pretty bad. It would have been much better to just lay it out like this:

1R: Level Up (Put a level counter on this. Activate this ability only any time you could cast a sorcery.)
    As long as ~ has three or more level counters on it, it gets +2+1 and has first strike.
    As long as ~ has six or more level counters on it, it gets an additional +2/+1 and has trample.

Just a thought, since this would let them not change the formatting of creature cards and they could get rid of the reminder text if they needed the extra space. The idea of Leveling up is cool, the implementation is awful.
    Back to top Go down
    workshoptelescope

workshoptelescope

PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Eldrazi... pt. 2.   Rise of the Eldrazi... pt. 2. EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 12:22 am

Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    Mythic
    Legendary Creature - Eldrazi
    Emrakul, the Aeons Torn can't be countered.
    When you cast Emrakul, take an extra turn after this one.
    Flying, protection from colored spells, annihilator 6.
    When Emrakul is put into a graveyard from anywhere, its owner shuffles his or her graveyard into his or her library.
    15/15

uh... correct me if i am wrong but isn't "when" a triggered effect, not a replacement?
    as in, i can makeshift mannequin this mother !@#$%^ in extended?! i don't care if i can't take an extra turn... uh... it basically has everything you'd want anyway, to say nothing of the dream of dumping it out with "through the breach"... annihilator is stupid good.
    Back to top Go down
    Ryman

Ryman

PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Eldrazi... pt. 2.   Rise of the Eldrazi... pt. 2. EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 10:18 am

you're right andrew, those eldrazi do go to the graveyard briefly and can be mannequin'd.

Quote :

I'm definately not in love with the Level-Up Frame. Those cards are a little too confusing for me. Why don't they just get power toughness boosts at each level and why don't they retain abilities from previous levels (The guul draz assassin for example.), it sort of flies in the face of what it means to gain levels. I think that the way its worded and the lay out are pretty bad. It would have been much better to just lay it out like this:

1R: Level Up (Put a level counter on this. Activate this ability only any time you could cast a sorcery.)
    As long as ~ has three or more level counters on it, it gets +2+1 and has first strike.
    As long as ~ has six or more level counters on it, it gets an additional +2/+1 and has trample.

Just a thought, since this would let them not change the formatting of creature cards and they could get rid of the reminder text if they needed the extra space. The idea of Leveling up is cool, the implementation is awful.

That would make vamp hexmage a level hoser hardcore.
    Back to top Go down
    JakeFaas
    Admin
    JakeFaas

PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Eldrazi... pt. 2.   Rise of the Eldrazi... pt. 2. EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 10:35 am

Hexmage is already a level hoser!!!
    Back to top Go down
    JakeFaas
    Admin
    JakeFaas

PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Eldrazi... pt. 2.   Rise of the Eldrazi... pt. 2. EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 10:37 am

workshoptelescope wrote:
    Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    Mythic
    Legendary Creature - Eldrazi
    Emrakul, the Aeons Torn can't be countered.
    When you cast Emrakul, take an extra turn after this one.
    Flying, protection from colored spells, annihilator 6.
    When Emrakul is put into a graveyard from anywhere, its owner shuffles his or her graveyard into his or her library.
    15/15

uh... correct me if i am wrong but isn't "when" a triggered effect, not a replacement?
    as in, i can makeshift mannequin this mother !@#$%^ in extended?! i don't care if i can't take an extra turn... uh... it basically has everything you'd want anyway, to say nothing of the dream of dumping it out with "through the breach"... annihilator is stupid good.

Yeah you can makeshift it and hope they don't ghostfire it and make you sac it.
    Back to top Go down
    Ryman

Ryman

PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Eldrazi... pt. 2.   Rise of the Eldrazi... pt. 2. EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 10:37 am

You're right. I guess I didn't realise they actually do use counters...touche' sir

My main gripe with leveling is the sorc speed. Evil or Very Mad
    Back to top Go down
    Ryman

Ryman

PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Eldrazi... pt. 2.   Rise of the Eldrazi... pt. 2. EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 10:41 am

guess pithing needle is going to be sweet too! Go get em now!

I was thinking doubling season and guilder barren in extended would work with these well.
    Back to top Go down
    JakeFaas
    Admin
    JakeFaas

PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Eldrazi... pt. 2.   Rise of the Eldrazi... pt. 2. EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 11:02 am

Ryman wrote:
    You're right. I guess I didn't realise they actually do use counters...touche' sir

Flavorwise it sorta makes sense. I think that some of the lamer level cards that have no middle level abilities, should have gotten a secondary ability like "1U: Put a level counter on ~" That would make it seem like they were getting better and learning how to gain experience even when they are out in the wilds. I just think they missed an opportunity on that mythic blue one that costs two mana and doesn't even have a second stage ability.
    Back to top Go down
    workshoptelescope

workshoptelescope

PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Eldrazi... pt. 2.   Rise of the Eldrazi... pt. 2. EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 11:08 am

JakeFaas wrote:
    Ryman wrote:

Flavorwise it sorta makes sense. I think that some of the lamer level cards that have no middle level abilities, should have gotten a secondary ability like "1U: Put a level counter on ~" That would make it seem like they were getting better and learning how to gain experience even when they are out in the wilds. I just think they missed an opportunity on that mythic blue one that costs two mana and doesn't even have a second stage ability.

that's a good way of thinking about it, jake. i like the 'getting better idea' alot.
    Back to top Go down
    Th3 Ra1nman

Th3 Ra1nman

PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Eldrazi... pt. 2.   Rise of the Eldrazi... pt. 2. EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 2:21 pm

Hate to brust your bubble andrew but it says this

So................. ya
    Back to top Go down
    JakeFaas
    Admin
    JakeFaas

PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Eldrazi... pt. 2.   Rise of the Eldrazi... pt. 2. EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 3:23 pm

Th3 Ra1nman wrote:
    Hate to brust your bubble andrew but it says this

So................. ya

Hate to burst your bubble, but things that have a "when" phrase use the stack. Things that use the word "If...then...", those are replacement effects that do not use the stack. Thank you!
    Back to top Go down
    Ryman

Ryman

PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Eldrazi... pt. 2.   Rise of the Eldrazi... pt. 2. EmptyFri Mar 26, 2010 3:49 pm

Emrakul doesn’t need to be cast from your hand, just “cast”. Hideaway lands and Djinn of Wishes (among other stuff) can cheat both him and Kozilek into play and still triggering their abilities... Smile
    Back to top Go down
    workshoptelescope

workshoptelescope

PostSubject: uh... holy ****...   Rise of the Eldrazi... pt. 2. EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 11:24 pm

Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Eldrazi... pt. 2.   Rise of the Eldrazi... pt. 2. Empty

Back to top Go down

Rise of the Eldrazi... pt. 2.
    Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next