RMTG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rochester MN MTG

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Similar topics
    Latest topics
    » Possible Gatecrash Spoilers (Also, this place is boring. What's going on down in Rochester to kill the forums?)
    Rise of the Eldrazi EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 1:30 am by Ran

» Return to Ravnica
    Rise of the Eldrazi EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 1:52 am by Ran

» trading post
    Rise of the Eldrazi EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 11:40 pm by Ran

» Bruna as Commander
    Rise of the Eldrazi EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 11:21 am by Blacrowe

» Sacrifice!
    Rise of the Eldrazi EmptyTue May 22, 2012 11:01 pm by MindofMyrddin

» U/R Mad Cards (Avacyn Restored)
    Rise of the Eldrazi EmptySun May 13, 2012 9:00 pm by MindofMyrddin

» G/W Aggro GP Minneapolis
    Rise of the Eldrazi EmptyThu May 10, 2012 2:59 pm by MindofMyrddin

» WTF is wizards doing to me.
    Rise of the Eldrazi EmptyFri May 04, 2012 5:08 pm by Ran

» U/W Delver Spirit Mantle
    Rise of the Eldrazi EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 3:48 pm by gunndaddyp

May 2024
    MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
    CalendarCalendar

Rise of the Eldrazi

Go down 
    3 posters
    AuthorMessage
    workshoptelescope

workshoptelescope

Rise of the Eldrazi Empty
    PostSubject: Rise of the Eldrazi   Rise of the Eldrazi EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 7:40 pm

with all the specificity afforded to "colorless Eldrazi spells" in both Worldwake and Rise of the Eldrazi, my money is on this card being reprinted, perhaps with the Eldrazi subtype:

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=136044
    Back to top Go down
    Ryman

Ryman

PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Eldrazi   Rise of the Eldrazi EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 11:38 am

That's a good call. I would agree considering the flavor text on Ghostfire says:

"Only those gifted with the Eye of Ugin, the spirit dragon, can see his firey breath"

Eye of Ugin would be the name of the Legendary Eldrazi land in WWK.
    Back to top Go down
    JakeFaas
    Admin
    JakeFaas

PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Eldrazi   Rise of the Eldrazi EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 6:14 pm

I'm thinking if they reprint this, it will be as is word for word. Ghostfire doesn't necessarily actually have anything to do with the Eldrazi from its flavor text. Maybe Ugin was actually a dragon that gave its life in whatever sorin did with those other walkers to seal away the eldrazi. I have to say this is one of the more exciting sets to come out in recent time as far as the story. Like how Time Spiral Block can be summed up by "People died, $#!t blew up!", this one seems a little more compelling as far as the I-want-to-know factor goes. I'm way intrigued with what they do here. My guess is that Colorless cards will be featured seperately from the traditional colored cards, as in Colorless cards will take up the collector's numbers that gold cards take up in current sets. That will make the "Eldrazi" or some-such themed cards seem unique, like they are beyond the realm of regular magic. But i'm not a world-builder Smile
    Back to top Go down
    workshoptelescope

workshoptelescope

PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Eldrazi   Rise of the Eldrazi EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 6:31 pm

JakeFaas wrote:
    I'm thinking if they reprint this, it will be as is word for word. Ghostfire doesn't necessarily actually have anything to do with the Eldrazi from its flavor text. Maybe Ugin was actually a dragon that gave its life in whatever sorin did with those other walkers to seal away the eldrazi. I have to say this is one of the more exciting sets to come out in recent time as far as the story. Like how Time Spiral Block can be summed up by "People died, $#!t blew up!", this one seems a little more compelling as far as the I-want-to-know factor goes. I'm way intrigued with what they do here. My guess is that Colorless cards will be featured seperately from the traditional colored cards, as in Colorless cards will take up the collector's numbers that gold cards take up in current sets. That will make the "Eldrazi" or some-such themed cards seem unique, like they are beyond the realm of regular magic. But i'm not a world-builder Smile

i don't know, i definitely think you might be right about where the "Eldrazi" cards will fit. it makes sense, from a design standpoint, at any rate.
    and i agree, i would actually like to know who the cufk is sorin markov and how is it he's only showing up now. dude has allegedly been all over the multiverse and didn't once wander round to dominaria when our gaze was set upon it. didn't notice when timespiral **** was going down. the hell is going on here...
    Back to top Go down
    JakeFaas
    Admin
    JakeFaas

PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Eldrazi   Rise of the Eldrazi EmptyWed Jan 27, 2010 7:17 pm

Well Sorin's bio does lead you to beleive he doesn't stay in one place for too long. its possible that he came to Dominaria during the rift thing and was like "um...no." and then left. I want Sorin to do something cool in rise, maybe rip an eldrazi head off or something, and suck the blood from the neck stump. A boy can dream.
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rise of the Eldrazi   Rise of the Eldrazi Empty

Back to top Go down

Rise of the Eldrazi
    Page 1 of 1