RMTG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rochester MN MTG

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Similar topics
    Latest topics
    » Possible Gatecrash Spoilers (Also, this place is boring. What's going on down in Rochester to kill the forums?)
    anybody got any better ideas?  EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 1:30 am by Ran

» Return to Ravnica
    anybody got any better ideas?  EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 1:52 am by Ran

» trading post
    anybody got any better ideas?  EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 11:40 pm by Ran

» Bruna as Commander
    anybody got any better ideas?  EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 11:21 am by Blacrowe

» Sacrifice!
    anybody got any better ideas?  EmptyTue May 22, 2012 11:01 pm by MindofMyrddin

» U/R Mad Cards (Avacyn Restored)
    anybody got any better ideas?  EmptySun May 13, 2012 9:00 pm by MindofMyrddin

» G/W Aggro GP Minneapolis
    anybody got any better ideas?  EmptyThu May 10, 2012 2:59 pm by MindofMyrddin

» WTF is wizards doing to me.
    anybody got any better ideas?  EmptyFri May 04, 2012 5:08 pm by Ran

» U/W Delver Spirit Mantle
    anybody got any better ideas?  EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 3:48 pm by gunndaddyp

May 2024
    MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
    CalendarCalendar

anybody got any better ideas?

Go down 
    5 posters
    AuthorMessage
    workshoptelescope

workshoptelescope

anybody got any better ideas?  Empty
    PostSubject: anybody got any better ideas?    anybody got any better ideas?  EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 2:38 am

so, i've been trying to keep up on tournament reports and pro-deck suggestions related to standard magic. there appears to be no significant innovation since the first week or since scars was released. the only real surprise seems to be that elves is a real contender that especially preys on "midrange" decks hoping to tackle all the control stuff. it just murders those decks (i'm looking at you all fauna shaman decks in the format). so, i might not be asking for detailed lists (i'm certainly not that motivated to try to "metagame" a local fnm outside of expecting red decks and planning accordingly) but i am curious if anybody has had what they feel is a real innovation.
    Back to top Go down
    Ran

Ran

PostSubject: Re: anybody got any better ideas?    anybody got any better ideas?  EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 12:21 pm

If I come across some vensers, I'm gonna build a proliferate deck... prolly turn out to be shit.
    Back to top Go down
    Andrew

Andrew

PostSubject: Re: anybody got any better ideas?    anybody got any better ideas?  EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 11:01 pm

Another idea that is complete shit! I was looking at mindslaver, and with that, venser, and the hippogriff dude that returns an artifact to your hand, you basically win once you hit ten mana. This isn't really an "innovation" and is more of a shitty "combo" that's really hard to get set-up, but i'm just throwing the idea out there.
    Back to top Go down
    Blacrowe

Blacrowe

PostSubject: Re: anybody got any better ideas?    anybody got any better ideas?  EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 10:55 am

you might actually be on to something...cheating bomb artifacts in/back in with fetchers like hoarding dragon, the W hippogriff, vat...even the kuldotha sacrificer and perilous myr...seems like there's something in the matrix ready to crack.
    Back to top Go down
    https://www.facebook.com/blacrowe
    Knepps

Knepps

PostSubject: Re: anybody got any better ideas?    anybody got any better ideas?  EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 11:43 am

So Uh, vamps made top 4 of the scg 5k over the weekend...
    Back to top Go down
    workshoptelescope

workshoptelescope

PostSubject: Re: anybody got any better ideas?    anybody got any better ideas?  EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 12:07 pm

Knepps wrote:
    So Uh, vamps made top 4 of the scg 5k over the weekend...

lol. yes it did. and it didn't even have captivating vampires in it.
    nothing in the maindeck cost more than 2. it was silly. really, really silly.
    Back to top Go down
    Knepps

Knepps

PostSubject: Re: anybody got any better ideas?    anybody got any better ideas?  EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 3:02 pm

I want to build it, you think it's legit? All I see in the deck is cards that work well together, synergy!
    Back to top Go down
    Ran

Ran

PostSubject: Re: anybody got any better ideas?    anybody got any better ideas?  EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 3:26 pm

I think the deck is a fluke. Just one of those occasions when a build hits all the right pairings and does better than it should.
    Back to top Go down
    workshoptelescope

workshoptelescope

PostSubject: Re: anybody got any better ideas?    anybody got any better ideas?  EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 5:06 pm

Ran wrote:
    I think the deck is a fluke. Just one of those occasions when a build hits all the right pairings and does better than it should.

i think rather than pairings outright, it was essentially built for the tournament. somebody looked at the field, banked on lots of slow, ponderous control decks and tried to build a deck that avoided most of the hate by not being red, while racing them to death. you know that a deck running vendetta is actually praying that their opponent will play a turn two wall of omens or turn three sea gate oracle or something putzy that won't get to block.

that said, i don't know that the deck somehow isn't a choice for our local environment. there is a lot of control these days. plus the total cost of the deck can be summed up in the price of admission on bloodghasts and fetches. that's it. i don't see why someone shouldn't run it. i just won't promise they'll win.
    Back to top Go down
    Knepps

Knepps

PostSubject: Re: anybody got any better ideas?    anybody got any better ideas?  EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 8:11 pm

I want to abuse Riddlesmith with vengevine... I saw the Quest/Vengevine deck and it looked pretty interesting.
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: anybody got any better ideas?    anybody got any better ideas?  Empty

Back to top Go down

anybody got any better ideas?
    Page 1 of 1