RMTG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rochester MN MTG

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» Possible Gatecrash Spoilers (Also, this place is boring. What's going on down in Rochester to kill the forums?)
Bye Bye CawBlade! EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 1:30 am by Ran

» Return to Ravnica
Bye Bye CawBlade! EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 1:52 am by Ran

» trading post
Bye Bye CawBlade! EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 11:40 pm by Ran

» Bruna as Commander
Bye Bye CawBlade! EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 11:21 am by Blacrowe

» Sacrifice!
Bye Bye CawBlade! EmptyTue May 22, 2012 11:01 pm by MindofMyrddin

» U/R Mad Cards (Avacyn Restored)
Bye Bye CawBlade! EmptySun May 13, 2012 9:00 pm by MindofMyrddin

» G/W Aggro GP Minneapolis
Bye Bye CawBlade! EmptyThu May 10, 2012 2:59 pm by MindofMyrddin

» WTF is wizards doing to me.
Bye Bye CawBlade! EmptyFri May 04, 2012 5:08 pm by Ran

» U/W Delver Spirit Mantle
Bye Bye CawBlade! EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 3:48 pm by gunndaddyp

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Bye Bye CawBlade!

Go down 
+4
Knepps
Yoman
chops
BuckyMac
8 posters
AuthorMessage
BuckyMac

BuckyMac

Bye Bye CawBlade! Empty
PostSubject: Bye Bye CawBlade!   Bye Bye CawBlade! EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 11:12 pm

Jace and Stoneforge Mystic both got the ban hammer!

http://www.wizards.com/magic/magazine/article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/feature/148a
Back to top Go down
chops

chops

Bye Bye CawBlade! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bye Bye CawBlade!   Bye Bye CawBlade! EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 12:21 am

The explanation for the bannings might be the lamest pile of crap I've ever read...
Back to top Go down
Yoman

Bye Bye CawBlade! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bye Bye CawBlade!   Bye Bye CawBlade! EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 3:03 am

I'm shocked. I feel it's wholly unnecessary, but maybe it's because our meta isn't all Caw Blade as I'm sure the big time game store metas must be.

Well...time to sleeve up RDW, oh wait that's right...I always have RDW sleeved up.

Here's my recap of what Aaron Forsythe says about why they banned them if you don't feel like reading the article, "We didn't know this, we didn't know that. We didn't know...umm...we didn't know. We didn't know. John F. Kennedy said this "blah blah blah,"....don't hate us. Thanks."
Back to top Go down
Knepps

Knepps

Bye Bye CawBlade! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bye Bye CawBlade!   Bye Bye CawBlade! EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 6:19 am

Damn, I freaking love jtms, hated playing against him but loved using him. I'm sure a lot of people are really pissed, for some reason I'm really not mad.

And again I wish I would have moved them at 130 each :/
Back to top Go down
Yoman

Bye Bye CawBlade! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bye Bye CawBlade!   Bye Bye CawBlade! EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 11:10 am

For some reason I think I'm gonna keep the Jace, the Mind Sculptors. It's got a special significance to MTG for me, being the first planeswalker printed with four abilities, and also just being the most powerful planeswalker ever printed.
Back to top Go down
Knepps

Knepps

Bye Bye CawBlade! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bye Bye CawBlade!   Bye Bye CawBlade! EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 11:14 am

At this point I'm definatly keeping my set, its not like it doesn't see play in any other formats.

I'm sad though I was going to sleeve up RUG again, now I feel so lost without my Jaces.....

I guess I'll have to sleeve up some goblins since it looks like they are reprinting GOBLIN GRENADE! How freaking awesome is that?
Back to top Go down
workshoptelescope

workshoptelescope

Bye Bye CawBlade! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bye Bye CawBlade!   Bye Bye CawBlade! EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 11:40 am

i can see banning mystic... but jace, too?!

bad form, WOTC, and bad precedent.

this will effect tournament turnout, for sure.
Back to top Go down
workshoptelescope

workshoptelescope

Bye Bye CawBlade! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bye Bye CawBlade!   Bye Bye CawBlade! EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 12:04 pm

Favorite quote from the article:

"I suppose one takeaway from all this is that we need good fallback solutions for planeswalkers in the environment at all times, like Oblivion Ring or Pithing Needle. Those particular cards rotated out with the advent of Scars, and the replacements haven't been adequate."

herr-fuckety-derr.
"Planeswalkeys is poweefull. We no think dat wuz importunt for duh people dat doesnt haves dem."

well done, wizards. well done. the fact remains you're still going to see turnout dropping because now you've victimized an integral part of your tournament demographic, the people who actually spend money.
Back to top Go down
Knepps

Knepps

Bye Bye CawBlade! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bye Bye CawBlade!   Bye Bye CawBlade! EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 1:37 pm

In a related note, primeval titans and tezzeret prices skyrockett.
Back to top Go down
hormel101

hormel101

Bye Bye CawBlade! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bye Bye CawBlade!   Bye Bye CawBlade! EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 5:24 pm

Agreed workshop.

I was really excited about finally having Jaces for FNM.
Guess I am the sucker
Back to top Go down
JakeFaas
Admin
JakeFaas

Bye Bye CawBlade! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bye Bye CawBlade!   Bye Bye CawBlade! EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 5:40 pm

Take solace in the fact that these changes don't take effect till July 1st.

I honestly don't understand how they thought Stoneforge wasn't going to be worthy of banning when they were making scars block. Two drops that have no safe way to counter them except for two-mana spells, you are guaranteed to run out your tutor second turn every game that you play first. Pretty lame.

As for the Jace banning: You missed the boat on this one! He was worthy of banning months ago, but now? He's little more than a blip on the radar. And what is so terrible about oblivion ring and pithing needle that you couldn't leave them in standard? You KNEW that you were going to be printing heave artifact (and by association, enchantment) control in scars? No player is totally screwed to have a pithing needle drop right now.

This was a grand oversight. Stonehewer giant was not worthy of banning because it costs 5 mana and needs to survive a turn before you get to tutor, and that was still a very very good card. lets lob off about 3/5's of the mana cost, tutor when it hits, and get two-mana uncounterable drops for what we tutor for. I get that you were trying to show the "adventure world" theme of zendikar by making equipment seem very important to many creatures, but come on! Also, thanks for dragging your feet on the jace situation, letting it climb to $100+ dollars, making it COMPLETELY unattainable for all casual players and many FNMers.

All in all, i could give a shit about either of these cards. My BIGGEST beef with this is that they allow you to play their shitty event deck! "So yeah, we know there are good swords in the world that you would rather be tutoring for, but have this pile of shit and just be glad we are giving you the ability to play a banned card." Quite possibly the lamest decision making skills ever. I don't recall "nuts and bolts", the precon containing Skullclamp, being playable after banning it.

/Rant
Back to top Go down
chops

chops

Bye Bye CawBlade! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bye Bye CawBlade!   Bye Bye CawBlade! EmptyMon Jun 20, 2011 10:35 pm

Well said Jake...
Clearly wizards has dropped the ball here by banning these cards late in their run but also as I believe the meta was about to force their decks to change or die...
FYI I'd rather lose a game to a sworded up hawk or a jace ultimate than 27 valkut triggers or trapping into emercool
Back to top Go down
Ran

Ran

Bye Bye CawBlade! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bye Bye CawBlade!   Bye Bye CawBlade! EmptySat Jun 25, 2011 3:17 pm

I leave for a week and I come back to this bullshit...

I agree with all statements in this thread. If they were stroking their ban hammer and looking for something, pick one...not both. Fuck tards.

Now wtf do I do with my life... oh UW, we'll see our day again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bye Bye CawBlade! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bye Bye CawBlade!   Bye Bye CawBlade! Empty

Back to top Go down

Bye Bye CawBlade!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RMTG :: Standard-
Jump to: