RMTG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rochester MN MTG

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Possible Gatecrash Spoilers (Also, this place is boring. What's going on down in Rochester to kill the forums?)
Excellent cards spoiled EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 1:30 am by Ran

» Return to Ravnica
Excellent cards spoiled EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 1:52 am by Ran

» trading post
Excellent cards spoiled EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 11:40 pm by Ran

» Bruna as Commander
Excellent cards spoiled EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 11:21 am by Blacrowe

» Sacrifice!
Excellent cards spoiled EmptyTue May 22, 2012 11:01 pm by MindofMyrddin

» U/R Mad Cards (Avacyn Restored)
Excellent cards spoiled EmptySun May 13, 2012 9:00 pm by MindofMyrddin

» G/W Aggro GP Minneapolis
Excellent cards spoiled EmptyThu May 10, 2012 2:59 pm by MindofMyrddin

» WTF is wizards doing to me.
Excellent cards spoiled EmptyFri May 04, 2012 5:08 pm by Ran

» U/W Delver Spirit Mantle
Excellent cards spoiled EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 3:48 pm by gunndaddyp

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Excellent cards spoiled

Go down 
+6
chops
Andrew
workshoptelescope
Knepps
Tyler
Yoman
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Yoman

Excellent cards spoiled Empty
PostSubject: Excellent cards spoiled   Excellent cards spoiled EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 12:43 am

The new mechanic that uses the symbol of New Phyrexia is really cool. We get a GREAT new planeswalker killer that just so happens to be Trinket Mageable in "Hex Parasite". We get a great green sweeper defense card in "Fresh Meat," which could make for some interesting beats decks. Most importantly, the picture of a colorless Karn planeswalker with some crazy abilities. I see this card being very interesting and it makes me think of sick plays with the likes of Grand Architect or All is Dust. I suppose there are many decks he could be potentially played in since he is colorless. Mono green ramp could easily use him as solid removal. I'm already excited.
Back to top Go down
Tyler
Admin
Tyler

PostSubject: Re: Excellent cards spoiled   Excellent cards spoiled EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 10:36 pm

yea dude! that hex parasite looks bomb for the quest for brown aggro deck i want to play!\

Back to top Go down
Knepps

Knepps

PostSubject: Re: Excellent cards spoiled   Excellent cards spoiled EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 11:58 pm

Seriously, that new phrexian negator is beyond insane.
Back to top Go down
workshoptelescope

workshoptelescope

PostSubject: Re: Excellent cards spoiled   Excellent cards spoiled EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 11:09 am

Knepps wrote:
Seriously, that new phrexian negator is beyond insane.

yeah, i feel like that impossible. the power level on that card is insane.
Back to top Go down
workshoptelescope

workshoptelescope

PostSubject: Re: Excellent cards spoiled   Excellent cards spoiled EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 3:34 pm

also, praetor's grip would appear quite powerful with the prevalence of equipment these days.
Back to top Go down
Andrew

Andrew

PostSubject: Re: Excellent cards spoiled   Excellent cards spoiled EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 5:21 pm

Star city is already preselling the cards. New Negator is 25 and Karn is 50. for people who were doubting their legitimacy and unreal power, must be true that the cards exist for a business to take that step.
Back to top Go down
chops

chops

PostSubject: Re: Excellent cards spoiled   Excellent cards spoiled EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 10:49 pm

Is karn an artifact? If he isn't you cant use architect to play him. Also, new negater seems really awesome but 4 black makes him very hard to play...still dies to black sun zenith and go for the throat both cards are being played a ton...
Back to top Go down
Ran

Ran

PostSubject: Re: Excellent cards spoiled   Excellent cards spoiled EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 11:21 pm

dies to removal you say... interesting.
Back to top Go down
Yoman

PostSubject: Re: Excellent cards spoiled   Excellent cards spoiled EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 12:44 am

Yeah, unfortunately I never remember the clause on Grand Architect that is the big reason why he's not played all the time. How I could possibly think he could make blue creatures tap for 2 mana to play anything is beyond me. Fucking retard moment I suppose.

Oh, and Jace, the Mind Sculptor dies to Vampire Hexmage...Jace is so bad.
Back to top Go down
workshoptelescope

workshoptelescope

PostSubject: Re: Excellent cards spoiled   Excellent cards spoiled EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 12:59 am

Ran wrote:
dies to removal you say... interesting.

plus, neo-negator is helpless against the best card in standard.
tumble magnet FTW!
Back to top Go down
Ran

Ran

PostSubject: Re: Excellent cards spoiled   Excellent cards spoiled EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 11:17 pm

Tumble Magnet is the new oust.
Back to top Go down
chops

chops

PostSubject: Re: Excellent cards spoiled   Excellent cards spoiled EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 11:26 pm

When was the last time you saw a hex Mage take out a jace?
Far too long or this guy....
Back to top Go down
workshoptelescope

workshoptelescope

PostSubject: Re: Excellent cards spoiled   Excellent cards spoiled EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 11:47 pm

chops wrote:
When was the last time you saw a hex Mage take out a jace?
Far too long or this guy....

basically, only when i see rainman play magic.
Back to top Go down
BuckyMac

BuckyMac

PostSubject: Re: Excellent cards spoiled   Excellent cards spoiled EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 11:15 pm

Anybody else think this is going to be a chase rare? A "reprint" of Extirpate with Phyrexian mana.

http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/arcana/686
Back to top Go down
workshoptelescope

workshoptelescope

PostSubject: Re: Excellent cards spoiled   Excellent cards spoiled EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 12:48 am

BuckyMac wrote:
Anybody else think this is going to be a chase rare? A "reprint" of Extirpate with Phyrexian mana.

http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/arcana/686

uh... lol. yeah. next is a phyrexian version of force of will... then we'll be talkin'.
Back to top Go down
magic jesus

magic jesus

PostSubject: Re: Excellent cards spoiled   Excellent cards spoiled EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 6:54 am

Ran wrote:
Tumble Magnet is the new oust.

You mean before they spoiled a card that will be a 4 of in every deck/sideboard that makes it worthless?
Back to top Go down
Ran

Ran

PostSubject: Re: Excellent cards spoiled   Excellent cards spoiled EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 11:25 pm

Back to top Go down
Yoman

PostSubject: Re: Excellent cards spoiled   Excellent cards spoiled EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 1:51 am

There's a 3 mana, pay 2 life clone for artifacts or creatures that's viable in any color? That's fucking crazy.

"Hello mythic swords, I will copy you!"

"Hello Baneslayer Angel, I will copy you!"

"Goodbye Thrun, I will kill you!"
Back to top Go down
Knepps

Knepps

PostSubject: Re: Excellent cards spoiled   Excellent cards spoiled EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 10:37 am

Tempered steel decks get a swords/path with no drawback? I wonder if that deck will be viable post rotation, or even after NPH.
Back to top Go down
Knepps

Knepps

PostSubject: Re: Excellent cards spoiled   Excellent cards spoiled EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 5:12 pm

Looks like the full set was spoiled today, now stoneforge can tutor up a baneslayer angel, should be good for the metagame...
Back to top Go down
magic jesus

magic jesus

PostSubject: Re: Excellent cards spoiled   Excellent cards spoiled EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 7:50 am

Knepps wrote:
Looks like the full set was spoiled today, now stoneforge can tutor up a baneslayer angel, should be good for the metagame...

don't think the meta cares now that baneslayer is now a 4/4 black/artifact with no first strike or protections. I think the commons in this set are bonkers... 1/1 unblockable infect dude for 2? Lol OK... How about getting hit with 2 discard spells from mono black on turn one now? Seems like that's gonna be a tough deck.
Back to top Go down
workshoptelescope

workshoptelescope

PostSubject: Re: Excellent cards spoiled   Excellent cards spoiled EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 9:01 am

magic jesus wrote:
Lol OK... How about getting hit with 2 discard spells from mono black on turn one now? Seems like that's gonna be a tough deck.

that's the funny thing about mono black. it's really never been good (except that one time in that one block that everyone hated.). it always looks threatening and everyone, and i mean everyone, says the same thing about every set promising the return of mono black. i want it to be good but i remain suspicious. discard and removal are always awesome but they're one for one. what's more, they're defensive spells really only played to allow your other spells to resolve and keep you from dying. mono black wrestles with parity more than mono red does. at least mono red's spells are attached to something that sounds cool like "the philosophy of fire" and are deliberately played because they aren't a one to one exchange. i do so hope upon hope that mono black has a chance to be competitive. grave titan is one of the best black creatures ever printed. phyrexian obliterator, in the abstract, is probably ever crazier ("DIES TO EVERYTHING" arguments notwithstanding. seriously, who talks like that? besides, he doesn't die to mono red decks. so, he's at least a mono black sideboard card against mono red.) it just always seems that, without something really devastating like hymn to tourach, mono black never quite has the kind of tools that measure up to the rest of the format. how many hand disruption spells do you really want to play in a game?
Back to top Go down
magic jesus

magic jesus

PostSubject: Re: Excellent cards spoiled   Excellent cards spoiled EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 9:40 am

This set needs to become legal so I can play combo again.
Back to top Go down
Yoman

PostSubject: Re: Excellent cards spoiled   Excellent cards spoiled EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 12:18 am

Hey Solemn Simulacrum is coming back. I love that card.
Back to top Go down
Ran

Ran

PostSubject: Re: Excellent cards spoiled   Excellent cards spoiled EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 11:56 pm

I just noticed Small Pox. All in all... I'm really digging the new core. Titan reprints are still a bit lame imo, but we'll see how they shape up in the new meta.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Excellent cards spoiled   Excellent cards spoiled Empty

Back to top Go down

Excellent cards spoiled
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next