RMTG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rochester MN MTG

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Possible Gatecrash Spoilers (Also, this place is boring. What's going on down in Rochester to kill the forums?)
Zendikar is no more!; or why standard is going to be fun soon! EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 1:30 am by Ran

» Return to Ravnica
Zendikar is no more!; or why standard is going to be fun soon! EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 1:52 am by Ran

» trading post
Zendikar is no more!; or why standard is going to be fun soon! EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 11:40 pm by Ran

» Bruna as Commander
Zendikar is no more!; or why standard is going to be fun soon! EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 11:21 am by Blacrowe

» Sacrifice!
Zendikar is no more!; or why standard is going to be fun soon! EmptyTue May 22, 2012 11:01 pm by MindofMyrddin

» U/R Mad Cards (Avacyn Restored)
Zendikar is no more!; or why standard is going to be fun soon! EmptySun May 13, 2012 9:00 pm by MindofMyrddin

» G/W Aggro GP Minneapolis
Zendikar is no more!; or why standard is going to be fun soon! EmptyThu May 10, 2012 2:59 pm by MindofMyrddin

» WTF is wizards doing to me.
Zendikar is no more!; or why standard is going to be fun soon! EmptyFri May 04, 2012 5:08 pm by Ran

» U/W Delver Spirit Mantle
Zendikar is no more!; or why standard is going to be fun soon! EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 3:48 pm by gunndaddyp

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Zendikar is no more!; or why standard is going to be fun soon!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
magic jesus

magic jesus

Zendikar is no more!; or why standard is going to be fun soon! Empty
PostSubject: Zendikar is no more!; or why standard is going to be fun soon!   Zendikar is no more!; or why standard is going to be fun soon! EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 7:35 pm

So i was looking over the mirrodin besieged spoiler and I came to the conclusion now is the time for Avenger of Zendikar to be retired from Valakut ramp. The new GX tutor spell can get us anything in the deck we need, so why would we ever cut the avenger who is such a house? Because Wizards printed a new, re-usable disintegrate! I think the new red suns zenith takes what was an angry beast and i believe turns valakut ramp into a deck that will be more dominant than jund.

these are the reason i think Valakut is going to become a real thorn in everyones side:
4/4 troll ascetic out of the board vs control/agro

both r and g suns zenith streamlines the deck, allowing it to cut clunky creatures like avenger and inferno titan.

using both primeval and re-useegrate can cause control players to make bad plays and bad sideboard choices, because as is now we all know you can basicly side out anything that cant target creatures vs ramp now.

some questions i have for you, the RMTG community:

Inferno Titan? does he have a spot? seems like he fights with re-usegrate but using the greenith we're going to wanna up the creature count.

is green zenith better than summoning trap? how few creatures do we need to make it so?

Koth? seems like turn 4 or 5 koth into primevil is almost the nuts?
Back to top Go down

Zendikar is no more!; or why standard is going to be fun soon!
Page 1 of 1