RMTG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rochester MN MTG

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Similar topics
    Latest topics
    » Possible Gatecrash Spoilers (Also, this place is boring. What's going on down in Rochester to kill the forums?)
    the triumphant return of troll ascetic... EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 1:30 am by Ran

» Return to Ravnica
    the triumphant return of troll ascetic... EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 1:52 am by Ran

» trading post
    the triumphant return of troll ascetic... EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 11:40 pm by Ran

» Bruna as Commander
    the triumphant return of troll ascetic... EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 11:21 am by Blacrowe

» Sacrifice!
    the triumphant return of troll ascetic... EmptyTue May 22, 2012 11:01 pm by MindofMyrddin

» U/R Mad Cards (Avacyn Restored)
    the triumphant return of troll ascetic... EmptySun May 13, 2012 9:00 pm by MindofMyrddin

» G/W Aggro GP Minneapolis
    the triumphant return of troll ascetic... EmptyThu May 10, 2012 2:59 pm by MindofMyrddin

» WTF is wizards doing to me.
    the triumphant return of troll ascetic... EmptyFri May 04, 2012 5:08 pm by Ran

» U/W Delver Spirit Mantle
    the triumphant return of troll ascetic... EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 3:48 pm by gunndaddyp

May 2024
    MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
    CalendarCalendar

the triumphant return of troll ascetic...

Go down 
    +3
    magic jesus
    Th3 Ra1nman
    workshoptelescope
    7 posters
    AuthorMessage
    workshoptelescope

workshoptelescope

the triumphant return of troll ascetic... Empty
    PostSubject: the triumphant return of troll ascetic...   the triumphant return of troll ascetic... EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 4:44 am

Back to top Go down
    workshoptelescope

workshoptelescope

PostSubject: Re: the triumphant return of troll ascetic...   the triumphant return of troll ascetic... EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 4:47 am

Back to top Go down
    Th3 Ra1nman

Th3 Ra1nman

PostSubject: Re: the triumphant return of troll ascetic...   the triumphant return of troll ascetic... EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 2:59 pm

He seems pretty good
    Back to top Go down
    magic jesus

magic jesus

PostSubject: Re: the triumphant return of troll ascetic...   the triumphant return of troll ascetic... EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 7:19 pm

I dont think he's better than what green decks wanna be doing when they have 4 mana
    Back to top Go down
    workshoptelescope

workshoptelescope

PostSubject: Re: the triumphant return of troll ascetic...   the triumphant return of troll ascetic... EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 9:11 pm

magic jesus wrote:
    I dont think he's better than what green decks wanna be doing when they have 4 mana

probably not in the future standard spoiled thus far but he's got potential in extended and legacy.
    Back to top Go down
    Andrew

Andrew

PostSubject: Re: the triumphant return of troll ascetic...   the triumphant return of troll ascetic... EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 12:31 am

Starcity has him at 19.99 right now. Anybody think that that's an absolutely absurd price?
    Back to top Go down
    workshoptelescope

workshoptelescope

PostSubject: Re: the triumphant return of troll ascetic...   the triumphant return of troll ascetic... EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 3:04 am

Andrew wrote:
    Starcity has him at 19.99 right now. Anybody think that that's an absolutely absurd price?

possibly, but rafiq of the many was a $15 to $20 card for a long while, in spite of his being both mythic and legendary. so, i don't know...
    Back to top Go down
    magic jesus

magic jesus

PostSubject: Re: the triumphant return of troll ascetic...   the triumphant return of troll ascetic... EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 8:28 am

You cannot compare him to rafiq, that's like comparing apples to oranges. Rafiq enabled a good deck, that's why he was 15-20. Had he not had a goofy mana cost or not been legendary he woulda been 40 bucks. I see newtroll only being played as a sb card against control and MAYBE agro.
    Back to top Go down
    workshoptelescope

workshoptelescope

PostSubject: Re: the triumphant return of troll ascetic...   the triumphant return of troll ascetic... EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 11:07 am

magic jesus wrote:
    You cannot compare him to rafiq, that's like comparing apples to oranges. Rafiq enabled a good deck, that's why he was 15-20. Had he not had a goofy mana cost or not been legendary he woulda been 40 bucks. I see newtroll only being played as a sb card against control and MAYBE agro.

i'm not really comparing mechanics or even their playability, outright. i'm simply saying that, given the card's mythic status and the magic playing community's propensity for overreacting, yeah, i'm not really surprised this card is preselling for $20. will he drop, absolutely.
    Back to top Go down
    Blacrowe

Blacrowe

PostSubject: Re: the triumphant return of troll ascetic...   the triumphant return of troll ascetic... EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 11:23 am

troll's great. but 4x better than O baloth at the 4 spot? meh. Better than Gaea's Revenge at the mythic spot? meh. For that matter, sacred wolf with an accorder's shield is, what, 10 cents?
    Back to top Go down
    https://www.facebook.com/blacrowe
    Yoman

PostSubject: Re: the triumphant return of troll ascetic...   the triumphant return of troll ascetic... EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 1:04 am

Dispense Justice FTW
    Back to top Go down
    Knepps

Knepps

PostSubject: Re: the triumphant return of troll ascetic...   the triumphant return of troll ascetic... EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 8:01 am

So elves and fauna shaman decks just got gifted an insane card in lead the stampede, in a deck that plays all creatures and lands I'd say getting three to four cards consistently for 2G is pretty good.
    Back to top Go down
    workshoptelescope

workshoptelescope

PostSubject: Re: the triumphant return of troll ascetic...   the triumphant return of troll ascetic... EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 10:40 am

Knepps wrote:
    So elves and fauna shaman decks just got gifted an insane card in lead the stampede, in a deck that plays all creatures and lands I'd say getting three to four cards consistently for 2G is pretty good.

lol. and me without vengevines for the first time in my life.
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the triumphant return of troll ascetic...   the triumphant return of troll ascetic... Empty

Back to top Go down

the triumphant return of troll ascetic...
    Page 1 of 1