RMTG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rochester MN MTG

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» Possible Gatecrash Spoilers (Also, this place is boring. What's going on down in Rochester to kill the forums?)
save the plants, bugvine take 1 EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 1:30 am by Ran

» Return to Ravnica
save the plants, bugvine take 1 EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 1:52 am by Ran

» trading post
save the plants, bugvine take 1 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 11:40 pm by Ran

» Bruna as Commander
save the plants, bugvine take 1 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 11:21 am by Blacrowe

» Sacrifice!
save the plants, bugvine take 1 EmptyTue May 22, 2012 11:01 pm by MindofMyrddin

» U/R Mad Cards (Avacyn Restored)
save the plants, bugvine take 1 EmptySun May 13, 2012 9:00 pm by MindofMyrddin

» G/W Aggro GP Minneapolis
save the plants, bugvine take 1 EmptyThu May 10, 2012 2:59 pm by MindofMyrddin

» WTF is wizards doing to me.
save the plants, bugvine take 1 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 5:08 pm by Ran

» U/W Delver Spirit Mantle
save the plants, bugvine take 1 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 3:48 pm by gunndaddyp

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

save the plants, bugvine take 1

Go down 
+2
chops
workshoptelescope
6 posters
AuthorMessage
workshoptelescope

workshoptelescope

save the plants, bugvine take 1 Empty
PostSubject: save the plants, bugvine take 1   save the plants, bugvine take 1 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 5:35 pm

here's an initial foray into a bugvine deck sans jace.

4 enclave cryptologist
4 birds of paradise
4 fauna shaman
3 lotus cobra
3 renegade doppelganger
2 vampire hexmage
1 royal assassin
1 tideforce elemental
4 vengevine
2 molten-tail masticore
3 necrotic ooze
1 acidic slime
1 frost titan
1 gigantomancer
1 steel hellkite
2 grim discovery

6 forest
3 swamp
3 island
3 darkslick shores
2 creeping tarpit
3 verdant catacombs
4 misty rainforest

it's a rough list i've been testing out just to gauge mana consistency/overall synergy. more on that later.
Back to top Go down
chops

chops

PostSubject: Re: save the plants, bugvine take 1   save the plants, bugvine take 1 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 2:27 am

Seems ok..WTF is tide force elemental....
Back to top Go down
workshoptelescope

workshoptelescope

PostSubject: Re: save the plants, bugvine take 1   save the plants, bugvine take 1 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 10:16 am

chops wrote:
Seems ok..WTF is tide force elemental....

tideforce elemental is actually surprisingly effective. it's complete garbage but he does his job. also, it turns out he has crazysexylovemakings with fauna shaman. i really just needed another relevant activated ability for the ooze and found this one to be a good fit.
Back to top Go down
workshoptelescope

workshoptelescope

PostSubject: Re: save the plants, bugvine take 1   save the plants, bugvine take 1 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 12:11 pm

i will note that i know the deck is a complete dog to red deck but that hopefully gets sorted out in the sideboard.
Back to top Go down
JakeFaas
Admin
JakeFaas

PostSubject: Re: save the plants, bugvine take 1   save the plants, bugvine take 1 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 12:22 pm

How is tideforce elemental a relevant ability? If you had the triggered ability untap for necrotic it would be sweet, but without that, tideforce is bunk. I would almost rather have something like Merfolk Seastalkers or Air Servant, at least that way you can leave ooze untapped or attack in and use the abilities.
Back to top Go down
workshoptelescope

workshoptelescope

PostSubject: Re: save the plants, bugvine take 1   save the plants, bugvine take 1 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 2:36 pm

JakeFaas wrote:
How is tideforce elemental a relevant ability? If you had the triggered ability untap for necrotic it would be sweet, but without that, tideforce is bunk. I would almost rather have something like Merfolk Seastalkers or Air Servant, at least that way you can leave ooze untapped or attack in and use the abilities.

i'm still testing it a bit but tapping or untapping has proved relevant by itself. it fits better in the curve than seastalkers, if i want to just cast it outright, and it interacts with fauna shaman and cryptologist. i recognize all of this is still in defense of a completely janky creature but seastalkers, hellkite, gigantomancer, royal assassin, and cryptologist all suffer from the same.
Back to top Go down
Knepps

Knepps

PostSubject: Re: save the plants, bugvine take 1   save the plants, bugvine take 1 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 4:32 pm

You should work admonition angel into your g/w shaman build.
Back to top Go down
Andrew

Andrew

PostSubject: Re: save the plants, bugvine take 1   save the plants, bugvine take 1 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 5:00 pm

I kind of like the way it interacts. Tapping down some threats like a titan or something when you need it, and it has synergy with your side of the board, too. What's not to like? (Besides that it's a three CMC 2/1 that doesn't have haste and his ability isn't just "Tap.") Sure, it's bad. But, I like the idea. I can't really offer an opinion since I'm not really up-to-date with the game, but I like the way it sounds with a few of the other creatures. The chance of it being a format-defining discovery is most probably non-existent, but it sounds cool to me.
Back to top Go down
Blacrowe

Blacrowe

PostSubject: Re: save the plants, bugvine take 1   save the plants, bugvine take 1 EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 12:15 pm

I found adding another gigantomancer or two works well. Vengeful Archon would be neat.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/blacrowe
workshoptelescope

workshoptelescope

PostSubject: Re: save the plants, bugvine take 1   save the plants, bugvine take 1 EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 12:21 pm

Jason wrote:
I found adding another gigantomancer or two works well. Vengeful Archon would be neat.

yeah, i'm realizing how good the gigantomancer is. i still hate that card but in this one application, it excels.
Back to top Go down
Blacrowe

Blacrowe

PostSubject: Re: save the plants, bugvine take 1   save the plants, bugvine take 1 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 3:28 pm

soliton? deathless angel?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/blacrowe
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: save the plants, bugvine take 1   save the plants, bugvine take 1 Empty

Back to top Go down

save the plants, bugvine take 1
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RMTG :: Standard-
Jump to: