RMTG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rochester MN MTG

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Similar topics
    Latest topics
    » Possible Gatecrash Spoilers (Also, this place is boring. What's going on down in Rochester to kill the forums?)
    Type 2 5CC....can it work?? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 1:30 am by Ran

» Return to Ravnica
    Type 2 5CC....can it work?? - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 1:52 am by Ran

» trading post
    Type 2 5CC....can it work?? - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 11:40 pm by Ran

» Bruna as Commander
    Type 2 5CC....can it work?? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 11:21 am by Blacrowe

» Sacrifice!
    Type 2 5CC....can it work?? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 22, 2012 11:01 pm by MindofMyrddin

» U/R Mad Cards (Avacyn Restored)
    Type 2 5CC....can it work?? - Page 2 EmptySun May 13, 2012 9:00 pm by MindofMyrddin

» G/W Aggro GP Minneapolis
    Type 2 5CC....can it work?? - Page 2 EmptyThu May 10, 2012 2:59 pm by MindofMyrddin

» WTF is wizards doing to me.
    Type 2 5CC....can it work?? - Page 2 EmptyFri May 04, 2012 5:08 pm by Ran

» U/W Delver Spirit Mantle
    Type 2 5CC....can it work?? - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 3:48 pm by gunndaddyp

May 2024
    MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
    CalendarCalendar

Type 2 5CC....can it work??

Go down 
    +5
    Yoman
    Traetus
    Be_Nike
    Ryman
    Kkrueg
    9 posters
    Go to page : Previous  1, 2
    AuthorMessage
    Yoman

Type 2 5CC....can it work?? - Page 2 Empty
    PostSubject: Re: Type 2 5CC....can it work??   Type 2 5CC....can it work?? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 6:03 pm

Your best answer for Thrinax is Celestial Purge/Essence Scatter. Stag, you have Lightning Bolt, same with Nighthawk.
    Back to top Go down
    Ryman

Ryman

PostSubject: Re: Type 2 5CC....can it work??   Type 2 5CC....can it work?? - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 6:54 pm

JakeFaas wrote:
    LOL@Andrew.
    Yeah clint, you really have AWFUL grammar and usage, to the point where its difficult to understand some of your posts. ;-)

Clint and Trevor were in the same english class!

I am still all about Swerve as a tool against Jund, at least give it some sideboard love. Also double negative could be useful.
    Back to top Go down
    Be_Nike

Be_Nike

PostSubject: Re: Type 2 5CC....can it work??   Type 2 5CC....can it work?? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 1:36 am

I noticed something when I was looking back through your list. Only 24 lands? I don't think that's enough to consistently hit your lands drops when you really need to hit every turn in order to stabalize, cast your business spells, and cast a Cruel on turn 7. I'd say at least 26 if not 27 is the right number.
    Back to top Go down
    Kkrueg

Kkrueg

PostSubject: Re: Type 2 5CC....can it work??   Type 2 5CC....can it work?? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 11:47 am

Idk, it hasn't been too bad as far as dropping my land. It's only four colors so getting to cruel isn't too hard. I might try testing a few more lands, if so which cards should i take out to make room?
    Back to top Go down
    Be_Nike

Be_Nike

PostSubject: Re: Type 2 5CC....can it work??   Type 2 5CC....can it work?? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 9:29 pm

I would probably take out either the Path's, Purges, or Warps depending on which one isn't working the best for you. I'd also take out a plains...you really want to hit cruel on turn 7 and if you hit that plains it isn't going to happen. I'd also take out one Marsh Flats and add an Arid Mesa in it's place. I know without the plains you're only searching for one side of those fetches, but the plains really hinders turn 7 Cruel. In those three spots I would add 3 Rupture Spire to put you at 26 lands and guarantee you can hit your colors for Cruel on turn 7.
    Back to top Go down
    Kkrueg

Kkrueg

PostSubject: Re: Type 2 5CC....can it work??   Type 2 5CC....can it work?? - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 04, 2009 9:47 pm

I do need cruel mana turn seven, but i also kinda need doj turn four and baneslayer turn five, so i'll play around with some different mana bases and see what i decide on. I know you think rupture spire is good ha, but i need to play spells turn two not just land ha
    Back to top Go down
    Ryman

Ryman

PostSubject: Re: Type 2 5CC....can it work??   Type 2 5CC....can it work?? - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 05, 2009 11:34 pm

Kkrueg wrote:
    I do need cruel mana turn seven, but i also kinda need doj turn four and baneslayer turn five, so i'll play around with some different mana bases and see what i decide on. I know you think rupture spire is good ha, but i need to play spells turn two not just land ha

Somebody was spoiled by the vivids + reflecting pool + Filters!!!!
    Back to top Go down
    Kkrueg

Kkrueg

PostSubject: Re: Type 2 5CC....can it work??   Type 2 5CC....can it work?? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 1:15 am

Vivids were great. I remade the deck...again. I'm playing three rupture spires now and no plains. 26 lands total. I also took out a lightning bolt, the agony warps and the two couriers capsules for 2 Ajani goldmane and more land.
    Back to top Go down
    Be_Nike

Be_Nike

PostSubject: Re: Type 2 5CC....can it work??   Type 2 5CC....can it work?? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 1:25 am

Kkrueg wrote:
    Vivids were great. I remade the deck...again. I'm playing three rupture spires now and no plains. 26 lands total. I also took out a lightning bolt, the agony warps and the two couriers capsules for 2 Ajani goldmane and more land.

I'm just going to assume you mean Ajani Vengeant. Wink How are the Rupture Spires working out for you so far? I'm running three and they have been fantastic for me. They're as close to a Reflecting Pool as you're going to get right now.

On another note, I replaced 2 Jace in my build with 2 Mind Spring and they have been great. Not sure if they're better than Jace, but he hasn't been sticking around more than one turn usually against aggro, so I wanted to try something different. Mind Spring has been really good to recover from a topdecked Blightning or a mid to late game Mind Sludge.
    Back to top Go down
    Kkrueg

Kkrueg

PostSubject: Re: Type 2 5CC....can it work??   Type 2 5CC....can it work?? - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 06, 2009 1:32 am

Yes vengeant, my bad. But the rupture spires are working well. My mana base is in pretty good shape right now so i think i'm going to be leaving it the way it is for awhile. I debated taking out jace for a long time and ultimately left him in. he's good, and if you pump him up then it isn't horribly hard to defend him with 5 counters on him. I did like having more draw all at once with the capsules but with jace i get to draw two cards every turn. We'll see how it plays out, a jace down with a wall of denial is always really sweet. I'm running four of the walls now too. I'm really liking my match up against jund lately
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Type 2 5CC....can it work??   Type 2 5CC....can it work?? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Type 2 5CC....can it work??
    Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2