RMTG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rochester MN MTG

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» Possible Gatecrash Spoilers (Also, this place is boring. What's going on down in Rochester to kill the forums?)
apparently elves... EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 1:30 am by Ran

» Return to Ravnica
apparently elves... EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 1:52 am by Ran

» trading post
apparently elves... EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 11:40 pm by Ran

» Bruna as Commander
apparently elves... EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 11:21 am by Blacrowe

» Sacrifice!
apparently elves... EmptyTue May 22, 2012 11:01 pm by MindofMyrddin

» U/R Mad Cards (Avacyn Restored)
apparently elves... EmptySun May 13, 2012 9:00 pm by MindofMyrddin

» G/W Aggro GP Minneapolis
apparently elves... EmptyThu May 10, 2012 2:59 pm by MindofMyrddin

» WTF is wizards doing to me.
apparently elves... EmptyFri May 04, 2012 5:08 pm by Ran

» U/W Delver Spirit Mantle
apparently elves... EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 3:48 pm by gunndaddyp

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

apparently elves...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
workshoptelescope

workshoptelescope

apparently elves... Empty
PostSubject: apparently elves...   apparently elves... EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 11:56 pm

so, after states last weekend and scg 5k nashville this weekend, it looks like mono green elves are a real contender.
yay. tribal decks. so glad you're back. what was missing was a nightmarish reminder of lorwyn standard. great. thanks.
Back to top Go down
Yoman

PostSubject: Re: apparently elves...   apparently elves... EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 2:13 pm

IMHO, U/W control is the strongest tier 1 deck right now. For elves, they have Day (and Oust/Jace bounce for the regen elf lord if they happen to successfully play him). For Eldrazi green they have access to Mindbreak Trap, Brittle Effigy, and Journey to Nowhere as an answer to Emrakuul and Day and Tec edge to stop the Treespeakers, Battlements, Temples, and Eye of Ugins. From what I understand, those are the toughest matches, yet control still has plenty of answers maindeck.

I watched some of Chris's games against Eldrazi green in the match he lost. Game 1, Chris stomped the guy's head in. It was Jace fateseal ftw while the guy sat there ramping into nothing. Game 2, I think Chris may have made a mistake by Journey to Nowhering an Acidic Slime that was followed by another Acidic Slime taking out the Journey and destroying another of Chris's lands. I walked away at that point, but it didn't look like that was going well. Maybe there was a reason he journeyed it that I've forgotten, but I think he should have left the 2/2 deathtoucher stay on the board and deal with it some other way then a way that could be answered and then get another come into play effect. When I came back game three I saw Emrakuul so I assumed it was over and didn't stay for the outcome.

I believe control will consistently win over a ramp deck. It was just lack of experience against the deck coupled with less than ideal opening hand that cost Chris the match.
Back to top Go down
Knepps

Knepps

PostSubject: Re: apparently elves...   apparently elves... EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 2:39 pm

Cost me the game and top 8, I'm not bitter though Smile
Back to top Go down
Blacrowe

Blacrowe

PostSubject: Re: apparently elves...   apparently elves... EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 2:25 pm

sorry I had to jet Friday. I have an opal with me today (Mon), if you're still looking to trade "Tirel-plus" Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/blacrowe
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: apparently elves...   apparently elves... Empty

Back to top Go down

apparently elves...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RMTG :: Standard-
Jump to: