RMTG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rochester MN MTG

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Possible Gatecrash Spoilers (Also, this place is boring. What's going on down in Rochester to kill the forums?)
States, what I'm playing EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 1:30 am by Ran

» Return to Ravnica
States, what I'm playing EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 1:52 am by Ran

» trading post
States, what I'm playing EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 11:40 pm by Ran

» Bruna as Commander
States, what I'm playing EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 11:21 am by Blacrowe

» Sacrifice!
States, what I'm playing EmptyTue May 22, 2012 11:01 pm by MindofMyrddin

» U/R Mad Cards (Avacyn Restored)
States, what I'm playing EmptySun May 13, 2012 9:00 pm by MindofMyrddin

» G/W Aggro GP Minneapolis
States, what I'm playing EmptyThu May 10, 2012 2:59 pm by MindofMyrddin

» WTF is wizards doing to me.
States, what I'm playing EmptyFri May 04, 2012 5:08 pm by Ran

» U/W Delver Spirit Mantle
States, what I'm playing EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 3:48 pm by gunndaddyp

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

States, what I'm playing

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Knepps

Knepps

States, what I'm playing Empty
PostSubject: States, what I'm playing   States, what I'm playing EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 12:33 pm

U/W control ( Big surprise!)

Enchantments: 2
2 Journey to Nowhere

Sorcery: 11
3 Day
4 Preordain
4 Oust

Instant: 10
2 Into the Roil
2 Condemn
2 Deprive
4 Mana Leak

Planeswalkers: 6
4 Jace
2 Gideon

Creatures: 7
2 Wall of Ohmans
2 Sea Gate Oracle
3 Wurmcoil Engine

Land: 25
2 Tech Edge
4 Colonade
4 Glacial Fortress
1 Arid Mesa
1 Misty Rainforest
1 Scalding Tarn
8 island
4 Plains

Board:
4 Spreading Sea
4 Calcite Snapper
2 Negate
2 Celestial Purge
2 Revoke Existence
1 Journey to Nowhere

The only thing I'm wondering about is the 2 Wall of Omans, I actually only own two but not sure what to cut to put in more.

What are you guys bringing? I'll be there tomorrow to playtest.
Back to top Go down
magic jesus

magic jesus

PostSubject: Re: States, what I'm playing   States, what I'm playing EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 5:01 pm

you really should look at contagion clasp as a 1 or 2 of. proliferate is siiiiick with jace.
Back to top Go down
magic jesus

magic jesus

PostSubject: Re: States, what I'm playing   States, what I'm playing EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 5:01 pm

oh and chalice > > > > > > >oracle.
Back to top Go down
chops

chops

PostSubject: Re: States, what I'm playing   States, what I'm playing EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 9:53 pm

by the way kris...thanks for building a deck that i could copy at the last moment...also i was thinking that maybe the side should have the guy that makes you play 2 colorless to search and maybe flash freeze...what do you think...
Back to top Go down
Knepps

Knepps

PostSubject: Re: States, what I'm playing   States, what I'm playing EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 10:19 pm

Yeah that guy and mindbreak trap for emerakul.
Back to top Go down
Knepps

Knepps

PostSubject: Re: States, what I'm playing   States, what I'm playing EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 7:14 am

I was pretty sure I would see Gerry T talk about my tech in his article after watching it in use...

As always, I'm looking for ways to improve my decks. Nothing is ever perfect. Josh Rayden ran the full amount of Calcite Snappers in his U/W Control deck, which I saw him put to good use. While not something I'd necessarily agree with, it worked out for him. After States, both Jason Ford and Mike Hofmann suggested it as well. The idea intrigued me.

Snapper would point the deck in a different direction, and one that I necessarily didn't want to make. The way I see it, I already get aggressive with a 1UU threat, only mine is a planeswalker. While not directly killing my opponents, every single one of them should view Jace as a threat.

In order for Jace to be good, I need to constantly draw into a stream of either removal or counterspells, depending on the matchup, in order to protect Jace. The goal of Snapper is to be mindlessly aggressive in some matchups, but I like to have some control over how I play the game. As I said earlier, success comes from knowing when to change roles, but the Snapper dictates that you take one role.

I don't agree, whenever Durtle hit the board it was hilarious and never bad for me.
Back to top Go down
JakeFaas
Admin
JakeFaas

PostSubject: Re: States, what I'm playing   States, what I'm playing EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 2:14 pm

Knepps wrote:
I was pretty sure I would see Gerry T talk about my tech in his article after watching it in use...

As always, I'm looking for ways to improve my decks. Nothing is ever perfect. Josh Rayden ran the full amount of Calcite Snappers in his U/W Control deck, which I saw him put to good use. While not something I'd necessarily agree with, it worked out for him. After States, both Jason Ford and Mike Hofmann suggested it as well. The idea intrigued me.

Snapper would point the deck in a different direction, and one that I necessarily didn't want to make. The way I see it, I already get aggressive with a 1UU threat, only mine is a planeswalker. While not directly killing my opponents, every single one of them should view Jace as a threat.

In order for Jace to be good, I need to constantly draw into a stream of either removal or counterspells, depending on the matchup, in order to protect Jace. The goal of Snapper is to be mindlessly aggressive in some matchups, but I like to have some control over how I play the game. As I said earlier, success comes from knowing when to change roles, but the Snapper dictates that you take one role.

I don't agree, whenever Durtle hit the board it was hilarious and never bad for me.

Was this an exerpt from an article? I have always been a huge fan of Durtle, and coupled with WoO, it actually gives you a really strong defense for your four-drop planeswalkers (Jace only really). I don't think Durtle forces you to play aggressively, if anything it gives you huge options for how you want to play the early game. Against another control deck, Durtle is about the most obnoxious thing to see dropped on third turn. It immediately nullifies their Jace 2.0 by forcing them to fateseal immediately just to keep him alive. They can also play DoJ after you play your durtle, allowing you to drop your Jace with no problems. It just is a really great card in basically every match up except infect.
Back to top Go down
chops

chops

PostSubject: Re: States, what I'm playing   States, what I'm playing EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 7:03 pm

well ill say this...
i landed a turn three durtle against a control mirror and the pressure that it put on my opponet was amazing...all the spot removal in his hand was useless...and the only out he had was day and im qute sure it was sidded out
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: States, what I'm playing   States, what I'm playing Empty

Back to top Go down

States, what I'm playing
Page 1 of 1