RMTG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rochester MN MTG

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Similar topics
Latest topics
» Possible Gatecrash Spoilers (Also, this place is boring. What's going on down in Rochester to kill the forums?)
U/G Unblockable Aggro idea EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 1:30 am by Ran

» Return to Ravnica
U/G Unblockable Aggro idea EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 1:52 am by Ran

» trading post
U/G Unblockable Aggro idea EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 11:40 pm by Ran

» Bruna as Commander
U/G Unblockable Aggro idea EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 11:21 am by Blacrowe

» Sacrifice!
U/G Unblockable Aggro idea EmptyTue May 22, 2012 11:01 pm by MindofMyrddin

» U/R Mad Cards (Avacyn Restored)
U/G Unblockable Aggro idea EmptySun May 13, 2012 9:00 pm by MindofMyrddin

» G/W Aggro GP Minneapolis
U/G Unblockable Aggro idea EmptyThu May 10, 2012 2:59 pm by MindofMyrddin

» WTF is wizards doing to me.
U/G Unblockable Aggro idea EmptyFri May 04, 2012 5:08 pm by Ran

» U/W Delver Spirit Mantle
U/G Unblockable Aggro idea EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 3:48 pm by gunndaddyp

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

U/G Unblockable Aggro idea

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ryman

Ryman

U/G Unblockable Aggro idea Empty
PostSubject: U/G Unblockable Aggro idea   U/G Unblockable Aggro idea EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 10:03 am

Alrighty guys,

So I was thinking about a U/G aggro deck idea, and thought I would see if I could get your guys suggestions and/or opinions about it.

Here's the list I came up with:

Creatures (20):

4x Noble Hierarch
4x Scythe Tiger
4x Jhessian Infiltrator
4x Phantom Warrior
4x AEther Figment

Spells (15):

4x Vines of Vastwood
4x Negate
3x Mind Spring
2x Spell Pierce
2x Into the Roil

Equiptment (1):

1x Quietus Spike

Land (24):

2x Oran-Rief, the Vastwood
4x Misty Rainforest
12x Island
6x Forest

Sideboard (15):

4x Scute Mob
4x River Boa
2x Spell Pierce
2x Cancel
2x Into the Roil
1x Sigil of Distinction
Back to top Go down
Yoman

PostSubject: Re: U/G Unblockable Aggro idea   U/G Unblockable Aggro idea EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 11:24 am

I'm not sure about the Scythe Tiger. I know it's an aggro deck, I'm just not sure how aggro he is because of the fact that he makes you a turn behind on mana. What do you think about some additional equipment like Magebane Armor? I think Sigil of Distinction would be legit in main deck instead of sideboard. Maybe even two of them. What do you think about Sphinx of Lost Truths over the Mind Springs? That way you get an alternate kill condition that draws you some cards and it would up your creature base a little bit.
Back to top Go down
JakeFaas
Admin
JakeFaas

PostSubject: Re: U/G Unblockable Aggro idea   U/G Unblockable Aggro idea EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 12:32 pm

Inez wrote:
I'm not sure about the Scythe Tiger. I know it's an aggro deck, I'm just not sure how aggro he is because of the fact that he makes you a turn behind on mana. What do you think about some additional equipment like Magebane Armor? I think Sigil of Distinction would be legit in main deck instead of sideboard. Maybe even two of them. What do you think about Sphinx of Lost Truths over the Mind Springs? That way you get an alternate kill condition that draws you some cards and it would up your creature base a little bit.

I agree, Scythe Tiger will be less than stellar for this deck. Flying is a legitimate evasion ability again without faeries in standard. Tiger does go well with Oran-Reif, but that's really about it, and even that bonus is kind of hum drum. I'd say Rafiq would be a better fit for Tiger's Spot since he'll throw suprise exalted and doublestrike to something like the infiltrator or the figment. Also, I'd be playing River Boa main as the regen versus aggro is complete shut down. Sleep might also be an option to get in a final attack.
Back to top Go down
Ryman

Ryman

PostSubject: Re: U/G Unblockable Aggro idea   U/G Unblockable Aggro idea EmptySun Oct 25, 2009 8:17 pm

Yeah...I agree. I was actually sitting at 16 creatures and needed something else to add. Tiger seemed like a decent choice because of the shroud ability and synergy with green counter land. He also gets pretty sick with noble's exalted as a 4/3 shroud attacking on turn 2...not much somebody can do about that, but maybe Boa can take his slot main since you're right about the lack of lands being annoying. I don't know if Sphinx is the direction I was thinking about for the deck as he would hardly ever get kicked, but it is an option for deck cycling.

As far as the equiptment, I guess I could add more if I did go for Boa over Tiger as that was one of the main reasons I opted not to overload on it. With the unblockables I think that either Spike or Sigil would be best for maximizing potential. I was thinking about the magebane as well, but came to the conclusion it would really only be +2 to power as the +4 would hardly ever be relevant using unblockable creatures other than the stopping of pyroclasm/jund charm/fallout, but I went the counter route for those. Something to think about if I add the boa, but it does have regen and I just think sigil and spike are just better.

Thanks for the suggestions dudes!

P.S. whats with the annoying photobucket bandwidth exceeded pic everywhere? Can that be fixed? Shocked
Back to top Go down
Ryman

Ryman

PostSubject: Re: U/G Unblockable Aggro idea   U/G Unblockable Aggro idea EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 11:42 am

I'm thinking I want 4x Spell Pierce mainboard. What do you guys think? Also, do you think Jace is too slow for a draw engine in this deck? Possibility of living the dream with a turn 2 Jace of noble would be pretty sick.
Back to top Go down
Yoman

PostSubject: Re: U/G Unblockable Aggro idea   U/G Unblockable Aggro idea EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 1:43 pm

Ryman wrote:
I'm thinking I want 4x Spell Pierce mainboard. What do you guys think? Also, do you think Jace is too slow for a draw engine in this deck? Possibility of living the dream with a turn 2 Jace of noble would be pretty sick.

4x Spell Pierce main deck sounds right. Since you have a lack of creatures in your deck the ones you play will need protection. Also Volcanic Fallout and Banefire seem to have disappeared from the meta game, so you really wouldn't have much of a problem casting Spell Pierce.

Jace is good even though you probably won't have blockers for him just because he serves the dual purpose of drawing you cards and forcing your opponent to kill him.
Back to top Go down
Kkrueg

Kkrueg

PostSubject: Re: U/G Unblockable Aggro idea   U/G Unblockable Aggro idea EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 9:49 pm

Inez wrote:
4x Spell Pierce main deck sounds right. Since you have a lack of creatures in your deck the ones you play will need protection. Also Volcanic Fallout and Banefire seem to have disappeared from the meta game, so you really wouldn't have much of a problem casting Spell Pierce.

Jace is good even though you probably won't have blockers for him just because he serves the dual purpose of drawing you cards and forcing your opponent to kill him.

With the extremely sad and unfortunate loss of faeries (tear) Inez is right, banefire and volcanic fallout have seemed to have disappeared, so i really wouldn't worry about them at all. A turn two jace would be insane, it's going to force the aggro decks dominating the metagame to focus all of there attention on him in the early game rather that you, giving you sometime to get your mana up and really get into the key cards of your deck. And I also agree with jake, sleep is an incredible card in my opinion and is going so stall out the agro deck and let you get some free swings with your creatures that aren't unblockable (if you end up running any)
Back to top Go down
Ryman

Ryman

PostSubject: Re: U/G Unblockable Aggro idea   U/G Unblockable Aggro idea EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 7:55 am

Thinking about taking Jake's advice and adding white to the deck. Cascading into either an Aether figment or Jessian with a Ardent Plea seems good, plus the extra exalted bonus off it. In testing, it seems that mind spring is a better option than Jace for this deck, as I seem to want to refill my hand all at once rather than incrimental cards from Jace. Rafiq is another option, and I think I'll add more equiptment now that I am running River Boa over Tiger. Sigil seems like I have to comit too many resources to it, I think that Adventuring Gear may be a decent option. (I miss warhammer) What do you guys think? If I add white, do you have any ideas? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Kkrueg

Kkrueg

PostSubject: Re: U/G Unblockable Aggro idea   U/G Unblockable Aggro idea EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 12:57 pm

If you're going to add white and you miss the war hammer......then play behemoths sledge!!! i know this could also sound ridiculous ha, but you could try to make room for spreading seas, give them an island, swing through with your boa and draw a card...but it's kind of clunky. But seriously, i love the behemoths sledge.
Back to top Go down
Ryman

Ryman

PostSubject: Re: U/G Unblockable Aggro idea   U/G Unblockable Aggro idea EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 3:33 pm

That's a good call!
Back to top Go down
Kkrueg

Kkrueg

PostSubject: Re: U/G Unblockable Aggro idea   U/G Unblockable Aggro idea EmptyFri Oct 30, 2009 5:24 pm

Thanks, I ran a u/g regeneration timewalk type deck with some of the cards and i kind of dug controlling the field by giving them an island, plus drawing a card and helping out my snake it was kind of fun, probably not worth playing though
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: U/G Unblockable Aggro idea   U/G Unblockable Aggro idea Empty

Back to top Go down

U/G Unblockable Aggro idea
Page 1 of 1