RMTG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rochester MN MTG

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» Possible Gatecrash Spoilers (Also, this place is boring. What's going on down in Rochester to kill the forums?)
thought i'd post a current list.... EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 1:30 am by Ran

» Return to Ravnica
thought i'd post a current list.... EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 1:52 am by Ran

» trading post
thought i'd post a current list.... EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 11:40 pm by Ran

» Bruna as Commander
thought i'd post a current list.... EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 11:21 am by Blacrowe

» Sacrifice!
thought i'd post a current list.... EmptyTue May 22, 2012 11:01 pm by MindofMyrddin

» U/R Mad Cards (Avacyn Restored)
thought i'd post a current list.... EmptySun May 13, 2012 9:00 pm by MindofMyrddin

» G/W Aggro GP Minneapolis
thought i'd post a current list.... EmptyThu May 10, 2012 2:59 pm by MindofMyrddin

» WTF is wizards doing to me.
thought i'd post a current list.... EmptyFri May 04, 2012 5:08 pm by Ran

» U/W Delver Spirit Mantle
thought i'd post a current list.... EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 3:48 pm by gunndaddyp

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

thought i'd post a current list....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
workshoptelescope

workshoptelescope

thought i'd post a current list.... Empty
PostSubject: thought i'd post a current list....   thought i'd post a current list.... EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 9:29 pm

r/u ascension:

4 Pyromancer's Ascension
4 Burst Lightning
4 Lightning Bolt
4 World Council
4 Into the Roil
3 Double Negative
4 Ponder
3 Mind Spring
3 Banefire
3 Time Warp
4 Crumbling Necropolis
4 Scalding Tarn
8 Mountain
9 Island

Sideboard changes every week. I've thought very seriously about trying a creature based side board but I'd really rather do what works rather than what's cute. The deck is kind of **** overall but I can't stop playing the stupid thing.
Back to top Go down
Traetus

Traetus

PostSubject: Re: thought i'd post a current list....   thought i'd post a current list.... EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 5:24 pm

Idk, I like your deck haha. I want to try and make an ascension deck. Either using this one or the black one, I have also thought about using both, but that wouldn't work as well. (not yet anyway.)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/TheNickOfFischer
workshoptelescope

workshoptelescope

PostSubject: Re: thought i'd post a current list....   thought i'd post a current list.... EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 6:54 pm

Traetus wrote:
Idk, I like your deck haha. I want to try and make an ascension deck. Either using this one or the black one, I have also thought about using both, but that wouldn't work as well. (not yet anyway.)

a pro player made mention of comboing bloodcheif ascension with quenchable fire against pretty much all of the aggro decks out there and i think that might be incredibly sick.
Back to top Go down
Traetus

Traetus

PostSubject: Re: thought i'd post a current list....   thought i'd post a current list.... EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 1:33 am

That's interesting haha. I never really considered that card constructed playable. Or at least not constructed "good".
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/TheNickOfFischer
workshoptelescope

workshoptelescope

PostSubject: Re: thought i'd post a current list....   thought i'd post a current list.... EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 12:38 pm

yeah, the card is pretty much amazing against all the aggro decks in the format (plus you can hit it with bit blast).
if you build your sideboard right, you can probably either board into a grixis control deck against control decks or maybe a sort of blightning aggro.
Back to top Go down
BuckyMac

BuckyMac

PostSubject: Re: thought i'd post a current list....   thought i'd post a current list.... EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 1:23 pm

Wow. i have always liked quenchable fire and i have trying to find an excuse to use it and i think this might be it. Hitting a quenchable fire off a bit blast or a deny reality is really sexy.
Back to top Go down
workshoptelescope

workshoptelescope

PostSubject: card choices...   thought i'd post a current list.... EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 10:09 pm

so one of the issues i'm currently having is card choice. i've been testing volcanic submersion as possible sideboard/main card. it cycles, which is nice but I worry that I just doesn't happen soon enough. its a toss up between this and demolish, which on the play keeps nastiness like bloodbraid from happening before I would want it to. I don't know thoughts, anyone?
Back to top Go down
BuckyMac

BuckyMac

PostSubject: Re: thought i'd post a current list....   thought i'd post a current list.... EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 10:32 pm

I would go with volcanic submersion just because of the cycling. Is bloodbraid really a huge problem for you? I mean if they cascade into blighting it kinda help you out early game and if they go into a hackblade or thrinax you have he bolt and/or burst to take care of them, and even if you don't you're not really conserved with your life very much. That's just what i think tho.
Back to top Go down
JakeFaas
Admin
JakeFaas

PostSubject: Re: thought i'd post a current list....   thought i'd post a current list.... EmptySat Nov 28, 2009 10:51 am

workshoptelescope wrote:
r/u ascension:

4 Pyromancer's Ascension
4 Burst Lightning
4 Lightning Bolt
4 World Council
4 Into the Roil
3 Double Negative
4 Ponder
3 Mind Spring
3 Banefire
3 Time Warp
4 Crumbling Necropolis
4 Scalding Tarn
8 Mountain
9 Island

Sideboard changes every week. I've thought very seriously about trying a creature based side board but I'd really rather do what works rather than what's cute. The deck is kind of **** overall but I can't stop playing the stupid thing.

I would try and move this deck into black. First turn Ponder, second turn Ascension, third turn blightning is about the sweetest set up for this deck. Then to be able to double-cast Cruel in the later stretches, IMO over Banefire. Your deck needs the lifegain from the cruel. If you don't feel comfortable stretching the manabase, i would still suggest adding some form of lifegain or maybe a card like punishing fire to get some recursion going or whatnot after you've activated the ascension, and you don't have to feel bad about just casting it willy-nilly early against vamps and even people playing baneslayer. Vamp Hexmage is a killer against this deck, do you use pithing needle to stop it? Magma Spray is necessary in your deck, maybe even in place of one of your lesser burn spells. Everyone is playing aggro, what you will get from magma spray is yet another removal spell, but one you can use only as removal and not feel like you are tossing a win-con. If you hate Bloodghast, i'd say you need Magma Spray. So with the build you have, i would probably stretch the mana base to include Drowned Catacombs and Dragonskull Summit (2-3 Each) and just skip out on basic swamps. (But you could and worldy council will benefit from it.) Add in two Cruel Ultimatums and four Blightning for sure. Then i'd take out Banefire and Mindspring and move them to the sideboard if you still feel they are necessary. I'm also not sure about Into the Roil in the Main. This does not cause stutters in development for many aggro decks. If it could hit lands, i'd be all for it, but because it doesn't, its just not strong enough to include. I would consider playing Essence scatter in that spot, as it is yet another card that you basically just want to play as soon as possible, and in multiples, its an aggravating third and fourth turn play that triggers your ascension and you never let the Hexmage/Thrinax/Random Fatty into play to deal with. If you are trying to avoid just another grixis deck, it might be necessary to play whiplash trap as a sort of Evacuation and putting jace in the deck for added card draw. The other option is to put Jace and the new chandra in the deck together. Chandra's middle and ultimate really go well with the theme of burning out your deck. Imagine Double negative with chandra and you begin to understand how good chandra can be. Imagine an early game counterspell and a late game removal. No you don't benefit from Chandra's ultimate with it, but you should have enough burn in your graveyard if you've been wheeling and dealing with chandra and jace side by side. Its something to think of. I could see trying to pump chandra and jace into both their ultimates, jace targeting you and chandra targeting your opponent. It makes for a pretty wild deck idea.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: thought i'd post a current list....   thought i'd post a current list.... Empty

Back to top Go down

thought i'd post a current list....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RMTG :: Standard-
Jump to: