RMTG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rochester MN MTG

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» Possible Gatecrash Spoilers (Also, this place is boring. What's going on down in Rochester to kill the forums?)
worldwake spoiler, confirmed and unconfirmed... EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 1:30 am by Ran

» Return to Ravnica
worldwake spoiler, confirmed and unconfirmed... EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 1:52 am by Ran

» trading post
worldwake spoiler, confirmed and unconfirmed... EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 11:40 pm by Ran

» Bruna as Commander
worldwake spoiler, confirmed and unconfirmed... EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 11:21 am by Blacrowe

» Sacrifice!
worldwake spoiler, confirmed and unconfirmed... EmptyTue May 22, 2012 11:01 pm by MindofMyrddin

» U/R Mad Cards (Avacyn Restored)
worldwake spoiler, confirmed and unconfirmed... EmptySun May 13, 2012 9:00 pm by MindofMyrddin

» G/W Aggro GP Minneapolis
worldwake spoiler, confirmed and unconfirmed... EmptyThu May 10, 2012 2:59 pm by MindofMyrddin

» WTF is wizards doing to me.
worldwake spoiler, confirmed and unconfirmed... EmptyFri May 04, 2012 5:08 pm by Ran

» U/W Delver Spirit Mantle
worldwake spoiler, confirmed and unconfirmed... EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 3:48 pm by gunndaddyp

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

worldwake spoiler, confirmed and unconfirmed...

Go down 
+7
Be_Nike
magickmage
JakeFaas
Th3 Ra1nman
Yoman
chops
workshoptelescope
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
workshoptelescope

workshoptelescope

worldwake spoiler, confirmed and unconfirmed... Empty
PostSubject: worldwake spoiler, confirmed and unconfirmed...   worldwake spoiler, confirmed and unconfirmed... EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 1:58 pm

so, worldwake is on its way and there isn't a dedicated spoiler post. there was one speculating about the new jace in worldwake but that's as far anyone got so i am consolidating and stuff.
first off, confirmed:http://www.gatheringmagic.com/?page_id=3888

smother 1B
u
instant
destroy target creature with converted mana cost 3 or less. it can't be regenerated.

celestial colonnade
r
land
celestial colonnade enters the battlefield tapped.
t: add U or W to your mana pool.
3WB: until the end of turn, celestial colonnade becomes a 4/4 white and blue elemental creature with flying and vigilance. its still a land.

leatherback baloth GGG
creature-beast
4/5

that's all i've found for confirmed stuff. the link above had everything i've found so far all together, so that was helpful.
now, for the insidious and maliciously inaccurate unconfirmed cards:
jace, brainhumper ????
? : ?
?
yeah, i really have no idea what jace will be and word hasn't gotten out on that yet.

i found the next one here: http://strategy.channelfireball.com/featured-articles/compulsive-research-a-states-non-report/
Cardname 1U
instant
counter target spell unless its controller pays 1
multikick U: counter target spell unless its controller pays 2.

next one is also on the first link:
abyssal scornlight 3BB
r
creature-elemental horror ally (weird thing to have as an ally, i must say)
flying
whenever abyssal scornlight or another ally enters the battlefield under your control, you may have target creature get +3/-3 until end of turn.
3/2

that's all i've been able to drum up at the moment but i'll keep my eyes open. post stuff you find and stuff...
Back to top Go down
chops

chops

PostSubject: Re: worldwake spoiler, confirmed and unconfirmed...   worldwake spoiler, confirmed and unconfirmed... EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 11:18 pm

so are we to assume alleied colored man lands? that would kinda fun...
also i did read that multikicked is an ability in the set so i would think that would be a card but im not sure if the spell would counter two spells at once...
Back to top Go down
Yoman

PostSubject: Re: worldwake spoiler, confirmed and unconfirmed...   worldwake spoiler, confirmed and unconfirmed... EmptySat Dec 12, 2009 11:50 pm

I wonder if the multikick ability will be an epic failure like when they made Volcanic and Banefire to stop faeries and it didn't do anything. They create an ability to slow the effectiveness of Bloodbraid, but it won't do it often enough. I certainly hope that's not the case, although Mindbreak Trap turned out to be not nearly as sweet as I initially thought it would be.
Back to top Go down
workshoptelescope

workshoptelescope

PostSubject: Re: worldwake spoiler, confirmed and unconfirmed...   worldwake spoiler, confirmed and unconfirmed... EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 2:03 am

yeah, alex i don't know.
if that counterspell is real, i might just ****. its finally a decent !@#$%^& blue spell.
it a non-specific counter on the first few turns and doesn't get worse as the game progresses.
that's the crucial point, spell pierce just isn't playable because its really only good against... uh, a noncreature spell played on turns 1-3 on the play, 2-3 on the draw. after that, its basically dead.
this appears to be playable against jund/generic cascade every turn its relevant (assuming you have a heavily dedicated blue deck, a fact which still makes it a good counter, limiting its application to decks willing to invest in blue mana).
Back to top Go down
Th3 Ra1nman

Th3 Ra1nman

PostSubject: Re: worldwake spoiler, confirmed and unconfirmed...   worldwake spoiler, confirmed and unconfirmed... EmptySun Dec 13, 2009 11:06 pm

**** yeah, smothers back!!!!
Back to top Go down
workshoptelescope

workshoptelescope

PostSubject: NEW JACE!   worldwake spoiler, confirmed and unconfirmed... EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 4:10 pm

http://www.gatheringmagic.com/?page_id=3888

he's monoblue.
he looks at the top card of someone's library. must say, i am was hoping there wouldn't be yet another four costed walker for a bit.

Last edited by workshoptelescope on Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
workshoptelescope

workshoptelescope

PostSubject: and furthermore...   worldwake spoiler, confirmed and unconfirmed... EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 4:15 pm

http://wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/arcana/342

a new beast. a new dragon. new vamp. new sphinx. and some dude riding on a griffin.
Back to top Go down
chops

chops

PostSubject: Re: worldwake spoiler, confirmed and unconfirmed...   worldwake spoiler, confirmed and unconfirmed... EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 5:58 pm

yeah did you notice that people are speculating that he might have 4 abilities...i just think that they're going to be wordy abilities...
Back to top Go down
workshoptelescope

workshoptelescope

PostSubject: Re: worldwake spoiler, confirmed and unconfirmed...   worldwake spoiler, confirmed and unconfirmed... EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 6:17 pm

yeah, i saw that. i think you're right though dan. wordy abilities seems more likely than breaking something their trying to still establish as normative (planeswalkers, that is).
Back to top Go down
JakeFaas
Admin
JakeFaas

PostSubject: Re: worldwake spoiler, confirmed and unconfirmed...   worldwake spoiler, confirmed and unconfirmed... EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 8:59 pm

As far as the new "griffin Knight" goes, i'm going out on a limb and i'm going to say its a Kor Knight with first strike/vigilance and it gains flying if its equipped. By the looks of the art on it, i'd say the wings don't belong to it, or are mechanical/artificial in nature. Also it looks like it's leaping from a pocket of floating land sort of, possibly implying the abilities might be granted by landfall. Just some musings.
Back to top Go down
workshoptelescope

workshoptelescope

PostSubject: Re: worldwake spoiler, confirmed and unconfirmed...   worldwake spoiler, confirmed and unconfirmed... EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 9:06 pm

jake, i can only hope you're right.
i am really glad they decided to do kor in this set and i've been impressed with everything they've offered so far, so it would be nice to see them continuing such a trend.
Back to top Go down
workshoptelescope

workshoptelescope

PostSubject: Re: worldwake spoiler, confirmed and unconfirmed...   worldwake spoiler, confirmed and unconfirmed... EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 9:14 pm

plus they haven't really introduced any griffins on zendikar...
Back to top Go down
workshoptelescope

workshoptelescope

PostSubject: update on jace, mindsculptor...   worldwake spoiler, confirmed and unconfirmed... EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 8:24 pm

http://www.gatheringmagic.com/?page_id=3888

has four abilities!?!

brainstorms for his second. his third might bounce a permanent.
ultimate does something with an opponent's library and hand.
Back to top Go down
workshoptelescope

workshoptelescope

PostSubject: Re: worldwake spoiler, confirmed and unconfirmed...   worldwake spoiler, confirmed and unconfirmed... EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 8:35 pm

Back to top Go down
magickmage

magickmage

PostSubject: Re: worldwake spoiler, confirmed and unconfirmed...   worldwake spoiler, confirmed and unconfirmed... EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 8:42 pm

new vampires for my vampire deck? i know i'm excited. Worldwake should be a beastly set considering it goes along the lines of like "Treasures" or something like that, from what i've read.
Back to top Go down
chops

chops

PostSubject: Re: worldwake spoiler, confirmed and unconfirmed...   worldwake spoiler, confirmed and unconfirmed... EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 9:20 pm

is it possible that his last ability is a time spiral?
Back to top Go down
workshoptelescope

workshoptelescope

PostSubject: Re: worldwake spoiler, confirmed and unconfirmed...   worldwake spoiler, confirmed and unconfirmed... EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 9:29 pm

i would be so happy if that were the case, dan. he would immediately become my favorite planeswalker ever.
Back to top Go down
Be_Nike

Be_Nike

PostSubject: Re: worldwake spoiler, confirmed and unconfirmed...   worldwake spoiler, confirmed and unconfirmed... EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 9:58 pm

So pumped for the Brainstorm ability on the new Jace with the Fetches being back in standard. The art is pretty sexy too. If that multikick counterspell is for real too, blue might just have a fighting chance...we can dream.
Back to top Go down
Ryman

Ryman

PostSubject: Re: worldwake spoiler, confirmed and unconfirmed...   worldwake spoiler, confirmed and unconfirmed... EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 11:33 am

Jace, the Mindsculptor
2uu
Planeswalker - Jace Mythic Rare
[+2]: Look at the top card of target player's library. You may put that card at the bottom of his or her library.
[-0]: Draw 3 cards, then put 2 cards from your hand on the top of your library in any order.
[-1]: Return target creature to its owner's hand.
[-12]: Exile all cards from target player's library. That player then shuffles their hand into their library.
Back to top Go down
workshoptelescope

workshoptelescope

PostSubject: ryman is right!   worldwake spoiler, confirmed and unconfirmed... EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 11:56 am

planeswalker hunt day 4:

http://www.mananation.com/planeswalker-hunt-day-4/

he freakin' brainstorms for 0!
Back to top Go down
workshoptelescope

workshoptelescope

PostSubject: Re: worldwake spoiler, confirmed and unconfirmed...   worldwake spoiler, confirmed and unconfirmed... EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 12:00 pm

i feel like this new jace might move control where it wants to go.
he brainstorms and he scrys and that's really the kind of card cycling control needs right now...
it sucks to think i gotta pay 2UU for a sorcery speed brainstorm but i'll take what i can get.
Back to top Go down
Ryman

Ryman

PostSubject: Re: worldwake spoiler, confirmed and unconfirmed...   worldwake spoiler, confirmed and unconfirmed... EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 1:32 pm

Don't underestimate a planeswalker's ability to protect itself. (Elspeth/Ajani V...most recently Nissa). The unsummon ability is an important aspect to this I think. reasonable casting cost. This guy is going to see play for sure.
Back to top Go down
Ryman

Ryman

PostSubject: Re: worldwake spoiler, confirmed and unconfirmed...   worldwake spoiler, confirmed and unconfirmed... EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 1:49 pm

Another thought I had. I have always personally liked unsummon. especially in a blue control deck. The problem with it has always been the price of giving up slots for it in your deck. The fact that this allows you to basically have a free unsummon attached is awesome. It works so perfectly with your counters late game for their early game threats. Too bad it's not a straight up boomerang ability, but that would be way too good. Smile
Back to top Go down
Yoman

PostSubject: Re: worldwake spoiler, confirmed and unconfirmed...   worldwake spoiler, confirmed and unconfirmed... EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 8:32 pm

Jace's ability is different than Brainstorm in a couple ways: it has the option to put cards on the bottom of your library, and the cards you can put on the top or bottom of your library have to be two of the three cards you drew, not any two cards in your hand.

It also appears that he only exiles half of a player's library and not the entire thing.

At least...that's what http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=98994&stc=1&d=1260979585 says, the text in the Worldwake spoiler on mtgsalvation.com says differently.
Back to top Go down
workshoptelescope

workshoptelescope

PostSubject: Re: worldwake spoiler, confirmed and unconfirmed...   worldwake spoiler, confirmed and unconfirmed... EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 10:08 pm

i suppose you're right, alex. but its as close as we're ever going to get any time soon.
the power of an ability like that, at least as far as control is concerned, comes from the depth of the search, so getting three cards deep is really helpful.
i am actually really pleased with the card.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: worldwake spoiler, confirmed and unconfirmed...   worldwake spoiler, confirmed and unconfirmed... Empty

Back to top Go down

worldwake spoiler, confirmed and unconfirmed...
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RMTG :: Speculation/Rumors-
Jump to: