RMTG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rochester MN MTG

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Latest topics
» Possible Gatecrash Spoilers (Also, this place is boring. What's going on down in Rochester to kill the forums?)
Liliana Vess EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 1:30 am by Ran

» Return to Ravnica
Liliana Vess EmptyFri Sep 14, 2012 1:52 am by Ran

» trading post
Liliana Vess EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 11:40 pm by Ran

» Bruna as Commander
Liliana Vess EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 11:21 am by Blacrowe

» Sacrifice!
Liliana Vess EmptyTue May 22, 2012 11:01 pm by MindofMyrddin

» U/R Mad Cards (Avacyn Restored)
Liliana Vess EmptySun May 13, 2012 9:00 pm by MindofMyrddin

» G/W Aggro GP Minneapolis
Liliana Vess EmptyThu May 10, 2012 2:59 pm by MindofMyrddin

» WTF is wizards doing to me.
Liliana Vess EmptyFri May 04, 2012 5:08 pm by Ran

» U/W Delver Spirit Mantle
Liliana Vess EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 3:48 pm by gunndaddyp

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar

Liliana Vess

Go down 
AuthorMessage
JakeFaas
Admin
JakeFaas

Liliana Vess Empty
PostSubject: Liliana Vess   Liliana Vess EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 10:38 pm

I can't help but be intrigued by what they might do with Liliana's next incarnation. She has that chain veil that makes her super powerful, she kills angels (as per the new web comic), she corrupts garruk, and she gets busy with jace. What a gal! I'm thinking she will be a four ability and will probably be released in the block after Scars block (i.e. October 2011). Her initial abilities are +1 discard/-2 vampiric tutor/-8 mass rise and she has a pretty nice starting loyalty of 5. New Jace's +2 fate seal is an upgrade to his original +2 of howling mine, but new Jace also has the free brainstorm, which makes him a much more efficient draw engine. His ultimates are pretty comprable in effect, but the new jace again is vastly more powerful. Each jace can fit into one deck, and played in decks with completely different strategies but the new jace is pretty much an upgrade to the old one in every possible way. Now for chandra. new chandra is like a turd that got painted red. her greatest asset is her mini-wheel -2 ability, making her a good candidate for red deck wins, but she costs 6 mana and has an inconsistant if not nearly unabusable set of abilities. The flow makes sense on paper, but in practice is agonizing to play. They fed aggro into this set and give us a planeswalker who needs instants and sorceries to truly be good. It just doesn't add up! So back to Liliana. What is the natural upgrade to her current skill set? How does her corrupting Garruk fit into her ability set? What kind of ultimate would an over-powered black planeswalker have? Lets discuss!
Back to top Go down

Liliana Vess
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RMTG :: Speculation/Rumors-
Jump to: